* Mommy What´s a Merkaba?





http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.521736977871508.132480.219199961458546&type=3

In 2010 I performed an experiment to see whether I was able to take full responsiblity for all the ´waste´ I incur through my being . I set about making compost and recycling all plastic, paper, cardboard, glass, all that is recyclable. Some stuff, non-organic, didn´t fit into any of the categories. With this material the noonoos developed; [a noonoo is an affectionate South African term for an insect/creature] the material is bound in sewing thread which comes from a selvage haberdasher store in my neighbourhood,.The form of the noonoo emerges from the process. They started forming relationships with each other, using balance as a guiding principle. Their stands are made from pieces of linolium which have been shaped by the sea, and wash up on Moullie point Beach! These pieces are glued onto laminated corrugated cardboard; deconstructed boxes from a recycling depot one block from my studio.

Dimensions: variable; heights: 25 - 100 cm
Materials: non-organic detritus, polyester thread, linolium, acrylic varnish, glass bell jars
13 complete

Comments

Popular Posts