Black Buddha





http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.219230034788872.69869.219199961458546&type=3

I am exploring ethical and metaphysical territories; looking at how (id)entities interact with, form and dissolve in these realms.
My work usually involves a many level, multi-layering of materials and meaning. There is often a tension of camouflage and exposure, disintegration and definition; experiments in and declarations through dualities, melding contradictions and paradoxes.
I'm currently using paper as my primary material. The paper(s) have some kind of personal significance as actual stuff or contain symbolic imagery which can be both universal and personal. I cut, stick, laminate, tear, stitch these into fine web/net structures,developing curtain/fabric like material. These I layer, contained in frames, or keep singularly either hanging off walls or freely suspended.
Dimensions: 160 x 60 x 15 cm
Materials: paper, sewing thread, glue, cardboard, wood, pins, glass
To be framed

Comments

Popular Posts